Chemical addiction is an individual, personal disease that manifests differently for each person. For some clients, understanding how gender can affect addiction may play a role in their recovery. According to a 2013 National Survey on Drug Use and Health (NSDUH), men battle substance abuse and dependency at rates about double those of women (10.8% versus 5.8%).
Treating Alcoholism Starts at
Men are often more likely to engage in problematic drinking patterns than women and could be more than twice as likely to binge drink (consume five or more alcoholic drinks in two hours). Men are also more likely to:
- Become dependent on alcohol in their lifetime
- Have alcoholism-related health problems
- Overdose due to alcohol use
Alcohol addiction treatment has the potential to save lives. Therefore, contact Recovery Bay Center by calling 833.991.2955 to learn more about our unique alcohol addiction treatment options.
Men’s Alcohol Rehab in Panama City Beach, Florida
At Recovery Bay, our all-men’s program allows clients to become part of a community of healing. We chose to offer an all men’s program because in our experience, men are more comfortable in this type of environment.
Residential Treatment for Alcoholism and Substance Abuse
We strive to provide optimal treatment methods to address all forms of drug abuse. In fact, studies show that men may be more likely to abuse drugs or alcohol when they are feeling good to increase these feelings and to cope with social or behavioral problems.
If you are suffering from substance use disorder or co-occurring mental health issues, Recovery Bay can help. The presence of a co-occurring mental disorder may indicate the need for a specialized and integrated treatment model, including the following options:
- Both holistic and medical detox
- Adventure therapy and team sports
- Motivational incentives (MI) training
- Executives/Professionals program
- Medication-assisted therapy
- Life skills training
- Sports, adventure, and fitness training
- Nutrition-centered meals
- Solid alumni network and program
- Trauma-informed therapy
- Made-to-order organic meals from our star chef
- Morning beach runs and meditation
If you are looking for a men’s rehab program in Kentucky, we are proud to offer Landmark Louisville a professional, community-centered, and therapeutic environment for addiction issues.
Whether you need inpatient or outpatient services, we offer the tools, resources, and strategies to help you get (and stay) sober. Landmark Louisville also provides aftercare and sober living options as a means of relapse prevention. To find out more about our men’s drug addiction rehab program, feel free to contact Landmark Recovery today.
Our residential alcohol rehab provides 24/7 supervision and care while you reside at the center for the program’s duration. Hospital-based inpatient facilities offer around-the-clock medical care from healthcare professionals. In addition, many non-hospital-based residential programs also facilitate access to medical services when needed.
Recovery Bay offers medical detox and medication-assisted treatment for men recovery from alcoholism. In severe cases, abruptly eliminating the flow of alcohol from your system can result in dangerous withdrawal symptoms, including seizures.
Alcohol-Related Tragedies Can Be Avoided
Binge drinking is associated with many health problems including, but not limited to the following:
- Injuries such as car wrecks, falls and burns
- Alcohol poisoning
- Violence including homicide and suicide
- Intimate partner violence and sexual assault
- Sexually transmitted diseases
- Unintended pregnancy
- Cancer of the mouth, throat, esophagus, liver, and colon
- Memory and learning problems
- Sudden infant death syndrome
- Chronic diseases such as high blood pressure, s heart disease, and liver disease, and stroke
- Alcohol use disorders
- Developing an addiction to another substance
Residential Treatment for Alcoholism
An alcohol addiction affects more than just the person drinking. In fact, it affects entire families. If your husband, father, son, or any other man in your life is struggling with substance abuse, call us 833.991.2955 to discuss treatment options.