Cocaine is one of the most abused drugs in the United States. People often use it to find relief and to feel happy. Because of the effects cocaine has on the brain, it’s easy for abuse and addiction to take place. Sometimes you may not even realize that you are becoming addicted.
Knowing the signs of cocaine abuse can help you to get the treatment that you need sooner, and in turn, have a smoother recovery. A cocaine addiction treatment program will provide you with the tools and skills you need to control your drug use, and live a sober life. Learn more about Recovery Bay Center’s cocaine addiction treatment program by contacting us at 833.991.2955.
Recognizing the Signs of Cocaine Abuse
It isn’t always easy for people with a cocaine addiction to realize that they are struggling. If you feel that you or someone you love are no longer acting normally, then you might want to evaluate the signs of cocaine abuse. Some signs to be aware of include:
- Perforated nasal cavities – Cocaine is typically snorted, so when it is used often, it can cause severe damage to your nasal cavities
- Burn marks – You might have burn marks from heating up the drug and burning it on your skin
- Weight loss – Cocaine can alter your appetite, and it is not uncommon to lose a lot of weight due to you eating less
- Isolation – Much of your time and thoughts will be consumed by cocaine, and it is likely that you will spend less time with friends and family, or even change who you spend time with
- Loss of interest – Things that once brought you joy may no longer interest you, or you might not even think about what once brought you joy
- Mood swings – Being a stimulant, cocaine will not only give you energy but also cause you to have “bigger” emotions and more mood swings
Treatment for Cocaine Abuse
If you or someone you love are suffering from cocaine abuse, then it is very important to seek treatment as soon as possible to lessen the withdrawal effects and reduce the chances of severe health problems. Everyone is different, and there are many options to choose from when it comes to treatment options, such as:
- Group therapy
- Holistic therapy
- Life skills training
- Dual diagnosis
Group therapy is great for getting support for people who are struggling with similar problems. Between counselors and peers, you can get a lot of advice and support from a wide range of people. Holistic therapy can help you through recovery, and also increase your mental health, which may have suffered through cocaine abuse. Since mental health often suffers when you use drugs, you may need help with recovery and depression or anxiety. Dual diagnosis will help you with both. Life skills planning helps you to get your life back on track after you have gone back to your normal life.
No matter what you choose, the recovery process is a lot easier with the help of professionals and a good treatment program. Between that and the support of your loved ones, you are sure to have a healthy and fulfilling life.
Find a Treatment Program at Recovery Bay Center
Cocaine abuse can be very scary. Knowing the signs and admitting that you need help are important first steps in the recovery process. Recovery Bay Center will help you through every step of the process and make sure that you will have the skills to live a long and sober life. Don’t wait to ask for help. Contact our team to find out how we can help you by calling 833.991.2955.